As a wedding photographer, I’ve been “interviewed” by many couples. After many years, I see there are 3 common mistakes that couples have when they look for a photographer for their wedding. Knowing these common mistakes to avoid them from the first place will save you a lot of time and effort, making your decision much easier and more accurate.
In the video below, I will discuss what those common mistakes are and what you should do about it. For some of you who don’t have time to watch this 5′ video and just want a short version of it, you can read just the summary below the video.
What are 3 common mistakes?
1/ Not know your style
- How does it affect you? Without knowing the style, you might end up with the photos you don’t like.
- What you should do about it? Do research and define your style of wedding photography first, contact the photographers you like after.
2/ Compare photographers merely based on price
- How does it affect you? Price comparison might impair your choice of photographers. You might miss the photographers who are ideal for your wedding and your personality.
- What you should do about it? Pay attention to other aspects of the photographers besides their price, talk to them and understand them as a person, an artist.
3/ Being afraid to ask a lot of questions OR not asking the right questions
- How does it affect you? You don’t have a full understanding about the photographers’ service and personality. Thus, you cannot set the right expectation for your photographers, which might lead to later disappointment.
- What you should do about it? Do research and prepare the questions for every photographer you like. Meet them in person if possible. You learn more about them this way.
- Related: List of questions to ask your wedding photographers.