“Book wedding photographer early” seems like a simple thing to do. Yet, many couples have held on to it till the last minute.
There are many wedding photographers out there. Although you can book a photographer for your wedding at any time, it doesn’t mean you should wait.
We’ve talked to many couples at different stages of their wedding planning. We’ve seen a big difference between early booking (at least six months prior) and late booking. In this video, we explain why you should book wedding photographer early. Btw, we just tell you the short answer you are looking for: “YES. You should book wedding photographer as early as you can.”
If you don’t have 5’30s to watch the entire video, scroll further down for a short summary of it.
You should book early if your wedding is on a popular date. It can be Saturdays, Sundays, Holidays, or special days such as 8/18/18. If your wedding is on a weekday, it should be easier for you.
“Book wedding photographer early” has pros and cons:
- You might miss out promotion/special offers that photographers have during a certain time frame.
- You miss the chance to talk to other photographers. As I said earlier, there are many wedding photographers out there, which takes you months if you want to talk to all of them. Also, when you want to go with someone, you usually have to place a non-refundable deposit to reserve the date. This will be a difficulty for you if, somehow, you find another photographer you like even more (because of the work, because of the price, etc.).
- You can keep the photographer’s current pricing, which might increase in the next couple months.
- The photographer can help you visualize your wedding day early. This will be very helpful to plan all the details, schedule, and book other vendors. You can take advantage of his/her vendor network as well.
- MOST IMPORTANT: the availability. If the photographer you like was already booked by someone else, that’s the end story. You will have to go with your 2nd or 3rd choice, or even further down your list.
Whether you book wedding photographer early or not, don’t let yourself be in a situation where you have to choose whatever left because time is running out. Whatever we advise in this post will apply to other vendors (florist, makeup, DJ) as well. Also, try not to make these 3 common mistakes when you look for photographer.
If you have any idea or feedback, let us know in the comment section below.