If you are planning to reschedule your wedding due to Coronavirus, you are not alone. Many other couples are too. Some couples are afraid of the risk of being infected. Some are forced to reschedule due to local regulations. However, the couples are not the only ones who are affected. The vendors (photographers, makeup artists, florists, etc.) are also suffered.
If you are my clients, you should have received an email from me addressing this matter. For the rest of you (both vendors and couples), in the video below, I’ll explain in detail what you should do if the wedding is rescheduled. If it isn’t, what you should do next?
If you are lucky and don’t have to reschedule your wedding:
- Limit yourselves to activities that don’t bring you in close contact with people. Keep washing hand and stay home as much as you can.
- Consider asking some of the guests who are filling ill or might have been exposed to COVID-19 to stay home. If you do that, make sure to invest in streaming options that allow those guests to witness the wedding from home.
- Consider wearing a mask at the wedding if you already have one. It might be weird for you or/and the vendors to wear masks. But as I explained in the video, it is well worth it for both.
If you decide/have to postpone the wedding due to Coronavirus:
- Reschedule ASAP. Don’t wait. Many weddings are moved to a later date, possibly at the end of this year or next year. As a result, you are competing against more couples. The sooner you plan this, the more likely you can secure the date you want and keep the same vendor. Therefore, you can use the same plan for the new date.
- Have the right expectation regarding rescheduling fee or refund policy. As I explained in the video, there is no perfect solution. There is only the best solution that requires both sides (the couples and the vendors) to try their best and to understand each other.
Coronavirus is creating a tough historical event and for better or for worse, we will get through this together. We need to support each other with our compassion. This is when we define our value. I hope you all stay positive and healthy. If you have any question, feel free to contact us and I’ll try my best to help you.
Sending love and good vibes from all of us at Leo Pham Photography.